Our Life

First we had each other, Then we had you, Now we have everything.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

In Memory Of Tanner Smith

My cousin Tanner Smith has been fighting cancer for many years and late last night we got the phone call that he had passed away in the Primary Children's Hospital May 14th 2011. I was very shocked and I just couldn't believe it. He was in so much pain and we know now that he is no longer in pain and that he is sealed to his parents and brothers and sister's for eternity and that they will see him again..We will miss Tanner he had a motto through out all the cancer "Forever Strong" we all had wrist bands that said this on it and he was a hero to us all... He never wanted to give up he never wanted to stop things that where happening in his life including getting a mission call to Baton Rough, Louisiana but never got to go because the cancer had come back.

My last memory of Tanner that I have being with him was the summer that we did Relay for Life in Brigham City at Pioneer Park in 2010 the whole family came together and we had shirts and we sold tons of different things to help raise money to get more funds for research to help cure cancer...We played in a softball tournament too!! And through all this it was a over night event and someone in your group needed to be awake through the whole night whether you switched off with others or whatever it took...I stayed up all night and didn't sleep at all! I have to idea why but I felt very humbled as I sat through the whole night thinking about life and what Tanner has been through and that I could do this one night for him...We raised around $500.00 dollars and we where thrilled about it we all had sun burns and over all a great experience....

We will miss our Tanner and we love him and know that he is serving his mission in heaven now! I love my Family and how this has brought us together and how we have learned to serve each other in every way possible! We Love you and think about you everyday.

In Memory of Tanner Smith...

No comments:

Post a Comment